As of about 4:30pm today, Huib and I will have been married for seven years.
It’s hard to believe so many years have already passed, but then, as the saying goes “time flies when you’re having fun”.
I’m so lucky to be married to the most amazing man I know.
Words really can’t adequately express how amazing he is, so I’ll share 7 things that I love about him:
1. His willingness to listen. he may not always be good at listening to something I ask him to do, but he’s an amazing listener when I need a shoulder to cry on.
2. His mutual love of most chick flicks. Many of my friends have to bribe their significant others to go watch a chick flick, but Huib volunteers to go watch one with me. I’ll even find him crying at a particularly sad part, like at the ending of The Notebook.
3. His abundance of patience. Unlike my Mom, Huib’s only patients aren’t just located at work. The dogs and I can be pretty demanding at times, but he seems to take it all in stride.
4. His ability to put up with my extended family. Most people wouldn’t put up with such a dysfunctional bunch, but Huib seems to find their antics almost entertaining.
5. His ability to make me laugh even when I’m sad. No matter how I’m feeling, Huib always has something witty or completely corny to say that will cause me to smile.
6. His down to earth nature. I have a tendency to jump feet first into things, but Huib is the complete opposite. If I want to do something that he isn’t so sure about, he seems to know the right questions to ask that cause me to truly think the situation through before acting.
7. The fact that he loves me for me. No matter what others may see as my flaws, Huib loves me for me and says he couldn’t imagine me being any different.
I wish I had some recent pictures to share of us together, but we seem to only take pictures of the dogs.
Happy Anniversary My Love!
It’s been an amazing ride so far, I can’t wait to see what the future brings.